Press and Blanket Wash
In an offset printing press, press wash and blanket wash are used to clean parts of the press. Blanket wash is a solvent used to clean blankets, ink fountains, and ink roller trains. Blanket washes come in different strengths and toxicities. Press wash is used to clean rollers and blankets. Press washes come in different strengths. Stronger solvents dissolve ink resins and pigments faster. Here are some reasons to use press wash and blanket wash:
- Cleaning: Press washes remove ink from rollers and blankets. Blanket washes clean blankets, ink fountains, and ink roller trains.
- Color change: Press operators use blanket wash to clean the press when they change colors.
- Productivity: Cleaning offset press parts can affect productivity and profits.
- Time: Blanket washes give operators time to reload the press.
- Costs: Press washes can lower ink costs.
- Waste: Press washes can lower paper waste.
- Odors: Some press washes don't emit strong or offensive odors.
- Lubrication: Some press washes have superior cleaning and lubricating properties.